Thursday, May 17, 2012

HOLA!

I think I’m finally caught up on sleep from this past weekend.  The Western Heritage Classic in Abilene was a great time once again.  We left last Wednesday after lunch.  Had a blow out on the trailer outside of Dickens, stopped at the Allsups in Aspermont and ran into one of Dustin’s friends and finally rolled into Abilene that evening. 

The show started at 8 Thursday morning.  I woke up early because I still had things I wanted to work on in my booth.  As I’m getting ready the news was reporting Abilene to be under a flash flood watch.  It didn’t flood but it did rain…all afternoon.  Wasn't ideal for the show but we need the rain and will take it any chance we get.  I took advantage of the rainy afternoon and planned a “date night”.  We went out to supper and then watched a movie….I over did it on the buttery popcorn but hey we only go to the movies about once a year.

It rained off and on the rest of the weekend and I got pretty good at hustling to get things under the fly and in my trailer.  All in all it was a success and people still came out to shop and check out all of the action. 


One of the highlights of the weekend was running into one of my best friends growing up. 


Court and I grew up together sense we were tiny, we were horseback constantly, floated the river in the summers, drove an old mail jeep with a missing door and bucket for a seat and for a while she had a little motorcycle we drove all over the place, all while we were in grade school…..We were WILD LITTLE INDIANS!  It made my heart happy to see her.
Saturday after the show we got to go cheer friends on at the rodeo and see all my girls!  Cassidy, Prarie and I took time to strike a pose! 


It was a busy few days and I loved every second of it.  Already planning for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment